Thursday, December 17, 2009

Making changes

I posted a while back about making New Year's resolutions - something I rarely do, because I don't believe in setting myself for failure. But, I realize that change can be a good thing, so I started early. This way, they're not actually New Year's resolutions. Instead, they will be promises I make to myself with no expectations. Yeah, I know, it's still the same thing, just a different time frame.

So, I've lost 16 pounds and I am determined to not eat anything after 9 p.m. That is a huge thing for me. I've also been trying to cut out sugar, but that is like, the hardest thing ever! Sugar substitute is really no substitute. And, it's not like I'm a sugar addict. I can eat corn flakes without sugar. I can eat oatmeal without it. But tea? No. Can't do it. Well, I can, but I don't like it as much. Oh, and did I mention I've cut out a lot of caffeine? So, decaf tea with no sugar? Not a fan. But, I'm doing it. I'm making myself do it because I know that if you stick with something, you will get used to it. Thank God I'm not a coffee person!

I'm still not doing too well on my quest to find more patience. But, I am less grumpy in the morning and am hoping that is the first step to becoming a morning person. I get all these e-mails from people at 5 or 6 or 7 in the morning. I love that! They're up and already doing stuff and ready to face the day! I wonder if they're happy to be up that early - tip-toeing around the house in the wee hours so as not to wake anyone else. They're sitting there happily listening to the birds chirp and feeling the warmth of the sun as it rises. Could be that they just can't sleep and they're bundled up in a blanket and are dreading the rest of the day and just dying for a cup of coffee. Who knows? doesn't matter. They're up. They're ready! That will be me some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment