It's New Year's Eve and 2010 is almost here. That means, in less than a month, I will celebrate my 39th birthday. It will be the last birthday of my 30s.
So, I've got a year to get my butt in gear and do all the things I need to do to prepare for my 40s. I don't know what those things are. But, like I've been told 40 is the new 30 and I'm sticking with that. Not that my 30s sucked, necessarily. I mean, I did have two wonderful daughters during this decade. That in itself makes the decade the best ever.
Other than the girls, the first decade of the millennium (thus far) hasn't been the best I've ever had. Some of the years were better than others. There have been setbacks and struggles and I have yet to accomplish a lot of the goals I've set for myself.
I'm going to keep them on the to-do list, though. Well, I may not actually do them, but they'll be there, on my mind, gnawing away at me and reminding me of my shortfalls whenever possible. Will 2010 be my year? I sure hope so.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment