All my life, I've been the youngest. I started school early so all the kids in my class were a year older than me and, growing up, all my friends were older than me. Until now. I just wished two college friends happy birthday and breathed a sigh of relief when I realized they are both older than me. Then the last birthday wish to a church friend. She's got three kids and is a fantastic woman and awesome mom. I always felt on an even par with her since her oldest is the same age as my youngest.
Yeah, she's 30. Thirty! She was born in a decade that starts with an 8!!!! She wasn't even alive in the 70s. So, of course, now I feel friggin' old. Damn. I was starting to feel good about 2010.
That's it. From now on, I'm going to do my best to never find out how old anyone is. I just don't want to know! I will no longer befriend any woman who doesn't have a wrinkle. That is my vow for the year and I'm sticking to it. And don't even try to trick me with your little crinkly-eye smile wrinkles. I can spot a fake from a mile away!
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment