Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tired....

The other day, my girls were playing with my makeup as I was "putting on my face." Now, I'm not a big makeup wearer. A little mascara, a little coverup under the eyes - I don't go crazy. But, as I'm standing there applying it (mind you, I'm doing this to look somewhat decent before going out in public) my older daughter says "Mom, why do you put that stuff on?" And I asked "what stuff?" She says: The stuff that makes black circles under your eyes.

WHAT? I'm putting this crap on to get rid of the black circles!!!! My kids think I'm intentionally putting them there? Like I'm trying to start some crazy new fashion trend!

Ugh, how bad must I look? I realize that children are brutally honest, but ouch. That one kind of hurt!

But then I thought about it a bit and realized (and told them) that my kids are the reason for the dark circles under my eyes. My kids are the reason I'm exhausted all the time. Not just because of their high energy level and their horrible tendency to bore quickly. It's because they won't get the heck out of my bed! They want to sleep there every night. They won't leave. I take them out (which is not easy because they're heavy) and they come back.

Sharing a bed with these girls is not easy. They wiggle and squirm and kick and end up at a 90-degree angle half the time. That is why I'm so tired, hence the dark circles! So, it's all their fault.

I wonder if Clinique makes something for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment