Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Roller Derby

What do you get when you mix 200+ girls and wheels? A crazy Saturday night for Girl Scouts roller skating! And, yes, again this year, I will be rolling around the floor with my girls. Too bad it's not open to the public. Otherwise, I'd invite all my friend to come so we could bop around the rink to some tunes. I am no stranger to the roller rink, my friends. I grew up in the 80s. I had awesome skates with a rainbow on them and spent more time skating up and down my street than I did on homework, I'm sure. Growing up, we had a place called Wheels. It was like a nightclub but it was a roller rink. I can hear the Expose and Madonna tunes in my head, picture the colored lights on the wood floor and see my friends in their acid-washed jeans. Oh, the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment