I just finished an article about how to make yourself happy and have a happy family. It was pretty good - wish I remember more of it, but I was reading it in spurts (you know, in the bathroom, the way most good reading gets done).
But, the one thing I do remember it saying was, even if you aren't happy about something - fake it! If you can act happy, you can almost trick yourself into believing that you are happy!
I'm giving it a go. One word that would never be used to describe me is happy and I long for it. I see people who are content and seem to not let things bother them and who smile and seem to genuinely enjoy things and I wish I could be that way. I would like to be calm and easy going and patient and not let things bother me - especially little things.
So, I've got to add this to my "to-do before I'm 40" list. I'm going to learn how to fake being happy. I'm going to smile until my cheeks hurt. Even if it's fake, it's got to rub off a little bit!
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment