Monday, November 30, 2009

Resolved

Last night, I started thinking about the whole idea of making New Year's resolutions. I've never been a big fan. Why set yourself up for disappointment, you know? It's like saying you're going to give up chocolate for Lent. Won't happen.

New Year's is such a letdown, in my opinion. You get so crazy for one night and then, boom, it's done - just like any other night would be. But, this is the new me, so I'm going to try and be positive about it. What a wonderful day to celebrate! It's the end of one year and the start of something completely new, all wrapped up in one evening. Sometimes, there's even fireworks or champagne!

In keeping with the spirit, I'm going to make some resolutions too.
1) quit smoking (even though I did it in January 2008, I think about going back, so I'm keeping this one!)
2) floss my teeth every night (I've never had a cavity, but knowing my luck, I'll get gum disease and all my teeth will fall out!)
3) be more patient (I swear, I'm really going to do this one this year!)
4) get an agent (I will publish a book before I die, I promise you!)
5) do things I keep putting off (if I stopped procrastinating and just took a deep breath and did half the things I need to do, life would be lots easier).

Okay, I'm limiting myself to five. Maybe I should have aimed higher. Maybe I should have a really long list so it will just seem unattainable and I won't be disappointed when I give up in February. Or, maybe I'll just do it. Check back in January 2011 - the month that I turn 40 - and see if any of it has actually come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment