Saturday, November 7, 2009
Inspired
Today, I'm feeling a bit inspired. Went to a writer's workshop, that wasn't so much about writing, but more about the publishing business from a book editor's perspective. I got some good insight and feel a bit more positive about the possibility of getting a book published. Before, I thought it was a long shot - one in a million. Today, I'm feeling better odds, like 50 to 1. It could happen. I'm not expecting to be the unknown diamond, the next big thing. I just want a small amount of success. I'm not aiming high. I would like to have the words I write make enough money to send my girls to college - and not a state school (not that there's anything wrong with that since I went to a state university). But, I've got bigger goals for them. I would love for them to go to Duke or Pepperdine or Tulane. I'm not even pushing them to the Ivy League. Sure, it would be nice for them to get the free ride with an athletic or academic scholarship, but the safety net would be good too. So, that's another goal I'm setting - write enough to pay for college. So all you book publishers out there, drop me a line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment