If women aren't supposed to put on makeup while driving, why is the rear view mirror the very best reflection you can find? Seriously, what is it? The lighting? The proximity to your face? I mean, you can see every little thing in that mirror. Today, I noticed three stray eyebrow hairs. When I plucked my eyebrows this morning, there was no stray hair. I'm sure they didn't grow in the hours between the shower and the car trip. Even my bathroom mirror isn't as honest as the car. There are plenty of times when I've gotten in the car and looked back, surprised, saying "Whoa, went a little heavy on the eyeliner there."
I wish I had one of those car mirrors wherever I went. Could you imagine? I would never again miss an entire line of hair while shaving my legs. I would see that wiry gray sticking out of the top of my head like I'm Alfalfa. I would see that wiry black hair sticking out of my neck in a place that no hair should be. I think the best place to have the true rear view would be in a bar bathroom. Think about it. How many times have you been bombed, checked yourself out in the mirror and thought you looked hot? Are you kidding? Your eyes are bloodshot, your eye makeup is smudged up your forehead and there is definitely something in your teeth. Might be lipstick, might not. That's where the brutal truth would be a big help!
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment