Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dye job

I will admit - I dyed my hair. I had to do it. After my daughter told me "You need to color your hair because you have like 57 grays in here," I figured it was time. So, I did. Nothing special. Box job - it looks decent. I'm not trying to deny the fact that I'm getting older, but they just look so weird in my hair. Maybe, if I was blond I wouldn't mind it so much. Heck, my mom started getting grays when she was 19! Now she goes au naturel, but not me - not yet. I'm sticking with the Revlon Colorsilk for a few more years.

But, you know what? Yesterday, I was in the car (and do you ever notice that your car mirror in the daylight is the most honest, albeit harsh, mirror you will ever use?) So, I'm in the car and what do you think I see poking out the top of my head? Yup. Damn gray! One of those wiry, crooked ones. What the heck is that? Are they resistant to the dye? Do they hide inside your scalp when they see color coming? Do they have some type of protective coating that fights off Miss Clairol? Bastards! I will get them. I will not let them get me!

No comments:

Post a Comment