You know what sucks? When you're feeling good and someone has to come along and try to make you feel bad. It's like their only goal in life is to burst your balloon, to squash you like a bug, to make all the happy turn sad. Don't know why that is - maybe they're just having a bad day. Maybe they're angry that you're happy and they aren't. Maybe, they're just big fat jerks. Who knows?
You know what doesn't suck? Having friends that will pick you up when you're down. Girlfriends who will stick up for you and stand by your side and tell you everything is going to be okay. They don't have to do it. They could just pretend they didn't see anything and go on about their lives. But, they grab you by the armpits, pick you up after you've just been knocked down, and they brush you off and tell you not to worry.
I'm beginning to learn that people can only make you feel a certain way if you let them. So, I'm making a vow to myself to stop feeling guilty for things that I have no control over. I'll no longer feel bad for people who treat me badly. And I'm going to learn to listen to my friends and believe that everything is going to be okay.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment