Saturday, October 17, 2009

Getting ahead of myself

So, I'm thinking maybe this whole changing my life thing needs to slow down a bit. Well, at least in my mind, it does! I'm getting way too far ahead of myself. I'm getting excited about things that haven't happened yet. Heck, they aren't even a possibility yet and I get my hopes up. And then I get disappointed. Is that the way optimists go through life? Do they always get their hopes up? What do they do when their hopes are dashed? I'm asking because I have never, ever, ever considered myself anything near optimistic. I always say to hope for the best, but expect the worst, but I don't even live that way. I never think things are going to turn out in my favor and then am sometimes pleasantly surprised when they do.

Even though my spirit was a little deflated today after a kick to my ego last night, I still looked at the day in a fresh way. Went to an event at the fairgrounds and it was crowded. It was cold. My daughter was a little whiny. People were pushy. Things were expensive. Normally, that would be enough for me to not really love the place and not go back again next year. But, instead of getting annoyed by the "city folk," I just did a mental shrug and didn't let them bother me. I had fun despite the things that would normally bother me. I probably won't go back again next year, but at least I left this year with a smile on my face.

Oh, and another thing... I flossed my teeth last night. I'm making dental health a priority as well. Man, this whole new life is looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment