Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Keep your friends close

When you are having a crappy day or a bad week or a tough time or the best days of your life - you gotta share it with your friends. Today, I got to spend some time with good friends. I hadn't seen BFF-AM in a long time and you don't always realize it when you're going through the routine of your life, but you can't let too much time go by. You need your friends. You need to talk, to vent, to laugh. I used to see the BFFs once a week, at least. But, with school and activities and life, you just don't get as much contact as you'd like. So, today's lunch with BFFs AM and MP was just the dose I needed - like a shot in the arm, getting me back in my stride.

Today, I was having a hard time figuring out how to deal with an annoying person. I think she has good intentions, but a really horrible delivery. Normally, I don't know how to confront someone without being angry. But, today, I didn't want to be angry. I was in a good mood (remember, new outlook on life) so I just let her not bother me. I let the annoying person not annoy me and let it roll off my back. I'm sure I can't get through life everyday in this manner, but once in a while might just be good for me.

Oh, and since I had that pizza and coke for lunch and didn't go near the treadmill, I did run around in the front yard for an hour playing tag and chasing the kids - so there was a little bit of exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment