If laughter is the best medicine, I got an extra dose tonight. I tell you, there is nothing better than laughing until you almost pee!
I think I did a pretty good job of living today. I didn't fight with my kids. I drove around the county going to too many appointments, and then I wrangled a group of second-graders at a Brownie meeting without losing my mind (or breaking a sweat). Then, I got rewarded with another meeting, but this time with girls that make me laugh - so it wasn't really work. Oh, I didn't do to well with the healthy eating either. I had half of a chicken parm wedge and some french fries with malt vinegar and lettuce with italian dressing and a blondie at Panera. Damn, that was not good! I mean, it tasted good, but when you start to list it all, it makes you realize that it was not a wise choice!
But, I've got a new mission on my road to 40. It's going to be a tough one. I have to start wearing socks more often. I hate socks. If I have to wear them outside (like when it's snowing) I take them off as soon as I get in the house. If I try to wear them to bed, they get pulled off in the middle of the night. I just don't like them! Maybe my toes are claustrophobic? Anyway, the podiatrist said I have to wear socks. I have to put lotion on and then socks. I have to wear them during the day and at night. I told him no. I told him, he has to do something about my dry skin but I will not wear socks and do you know what that man said???? He said "Hey, I'm not a miracle worker." He's a bad man. He's just trying to stifle my creative energy. There's got to be a better way. Socks? What next? No flip flops?
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment